MONDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2010
For those of you who have been following "The General" story, the latest update is that we boarded up all peep holes/open views of the dog that lives caddy corner from us to try and stop "The General" from barking at the dog. Did this help you ask...not at all. "The General" knows that dog is still there, probably can even smell him with that big snout of his- yet another sleepless night. Oh well "The General" will go back home this weekend and that will be that - hopefully. Anyway, here are some Pet Coverage Highlights on Progressive's Pet Injury Coverage:
*Coverage is limited to dogs and cats owned by the named insured and resident relatives.
*It only covers injuries sustained in a "collision" or "comprehensive" claim.
*The pet must be inside the vehicle when injured to be covered (includes pickup truck beds).
*$1,000 is the most Progressive will pay in a collision or comp claim.
* Pays $1,000 if the pet dies as a result of the coll/comp claim. The insured does not need to replace the animal to get paid.
* In cases of theft, Progressive will cover a stolen pet for the $1000 death benefit only if there is a total theft of
the car while the pet is in it.
* You (the insured) will need to provide proof of payment to be reimbursed for vet bills.
* There is no coverage if there is not Collision coverage on at least one vehicle listed on the policy.
* If the loss is excluded for t he vehicle under Part IV of the policy, coverage for Pet Injury is also excluded.
Posted 1:19 PM